THE movement of aircraft passengers via I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali, was recorded to have decreased in the two weeks beginning in February 2020.
“In the period 1-14 February yesterday, the overall movement of passengers both domestically and internationally was recorded at 739,553 passengers. The number has decreased by 16.25 percent when compared with the same period last year,” said Communication and Legal Manager of PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero) I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport, Bali, Arie Ahsanurrohim, in Mangupura.
From the data during that period, Arie explained, recorded the overall movement of passengers on international routes amounted to 408,525 people.
“The number of international passengers departing during that period was 205,844 people while those arriving reached 202,681 passengers,” explained Arie.
As for the movement of passengers on domestic routes in the first two weeks of February, there were 331,028 passengers.
“It consisted of 158,556 domestic passengers, plus domestic arrivals at 172,472,” he said.
Arie revealed, the decline in the number of passenger movements at I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, one of which occurred due to the impact of the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic, the official name of the Corona virus, which occurred in a number of other countries.
As of last Wednesday (5/2), Ngurah Rai Airport has also officially suspended operational flight routes to and from mainland China, until a deadline to be determined later to follow up on the direction of the President, Foreign Minister and Minister of Transportation related to the temporary suspension of operations flights from / to mainland China.
“Certainly the decline in the number of passengers, especially on international flight routes, one of which is caused by the impact of the spread of the Corona virus,” said Arie. [antaranews]