THE Government of East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) opens all the leading tourist destinations in this area to be visited by foreign and domestic tourists from 15 June 2020.
According to the Head of the Public Relations and Protocol Bureau of the Regional Secretariat of NTT Province, Marius Ardu Jelamu in a press statement in Kupang on Tuesday (26/5) explained in a coordination meeting of the Governor of NTT, Viktor Bungtilu Laiskodat with the regents and mayors of Kupang that was carried out virtually in connection with the governance in NTT has agreed to open all access to tourism to support the economic development of the community and tourism businesses in NTT.
“The tourism destination was opened after the NTT government reactivated development activities and government services carried out simultaneously throughout NTT on June 15, 2020. The NTT government previously closed all transportation access to a number of tourist destinations to prevent the spread of the new Corona virus or COVID-19,” he said .
In the meeting which was also attended by a number of members of the NTT Provincial Muspida it was agreed that all leading tourist destinations in the island-based province were opened for tourists to visit.
He said several leading tourist destinations such as Komodo Island in West Manggarai Regency, Wae Rebo in Manggarai Regency, as well as a number of tourist destinations on Sumba, Alor, Rote Ndao and Sabu Raijua islands could already be visited by tourists on June 15, 2020.
Meanwhile Governor Viktor Bungtilu Laiskodat hopes that regional governments with leading tourist destinations will anticipate an increase in tourist traffic after a number of tourist destinations have opened.
“The district government, which has many tourist destinations which have been visited by tourists, has begun to anticipate an increase in the flow of tourist visits, because it can be ascertained that tourists who come to visit this area must be many,” Governor of Laiskodat concluded. [antaranews/photo special]